Saturday 15 September 2012

The Big Move

Applying to University became the longest waiting game of my life because of the big move to London. I was well prepared and started buying things for my room as early as May 2012 but even to this day seven weeks later it still feels unreal and as if I've forgotten something. I come from a small town and its a town where everyone knows each other, so moving to London where I know just a hand full of people which actually I haven't seen since moving here was a breathe taking experience. 

I woke up at 6.00am that morning, but actually didn't fall asleep until 2.00am, I spent the night at my uncles as he was driving me to London and because my boyfriend Ieuan was spending freshers week with me he stayed with me at my uncles which I know he soon regrets. I was so excited for my big move I kept him up most of the night and at one point he actually pushed me out of bed :P

Waking up at 6.00am wasn't hard and waking up to a knock at the door from my best friend Rowenna became actually a pleasant send off, she had placed balloons all around the garden and set party poppers off in my face which to me was a nice surprise. The journey lasted Three and half hours and on arrival I collected my keys and continued to my room. as I was pulling into the car park I noticed that I most likely had the most boxes, our seven seater car was packed full to the top but after settling in, my flat mate told me that she had a van to bring her stuff here which made me feel a lot better.

My room is small compared to my room at my grandmas but I made it feel as homely as I could





I love how the room has turned out and that I can now feel at home. my Flat mates are amazing and I know ill love how London life will treat me :).

Love


No comments:

Post a Comment